Double digit growth results in record-high market share, dollar volume, and average weekly trading activity
Highlights & Recent Developments
- MEMX hit record highs of 3.3% market share and 5.7% exchange market share on July 16.
- MEMX ETP market share hit a record of 4.2% on July 7.
- More firms are participating in the Displayed Liquidity Incentive (DLI) Program which has increased MEMX’s average quoted size and percentage of time at the NBBO.
- Dollar volume grew 12% in July and hit a new record of $12.6 billion on July 19.
- Market share grew 18% month over month.
- MEMX launches the X Sessions, a video series featuring our members discussing issues important to their businesses and the markets. In the first discussion, HRT discusses their decision to expand into retail wholesaling.
Market share exceeded 3% for 6 days in July. Average daily volume hit an all-time record high of 302 million for the week of July 12. Dollar volume also hit an all-time average high of $9.94 billion the week of July 26.
MEMX’s exchange traded products (ETP) market share hit a record high of 4.2% on July 7 and a record-high average of 3.6% for the month.
Volume and Diversity of Liquidity
Dollar volume continues to increase reaching a record high of $12.6 billion on July 19 and averaging $8.9 billion per day for the month—a $2.2 billion daily average increase since May.
MEMX market share continues to increase by Tape A, B and C. Tape B market share reached 3.4% during the last two weeks of July, including a new record of 4.3% market share on July 22.