MEMX proves to be the fastest growing U.S. equity exchange
Highlights & Recent Developments
- In April, MEMX hit another monthly record in average daily market share (2.16%) and shares traded (214 million).
- The exchange also had one-day records in market share (2.77%), notional value traded ($7.1 billion), and symbols traded (7,029).
- MEMX closed out the month of April as 6th largest of the 16 U.S. equity exchanges.
- MEMX’s market share grew 46% in April—bringing total market share growth to well over 200% since the start of the year.
- In the past 6 months, MEMX’s market share has surpassed 10 other equity exchanges.
MEMX has an average daily matched share volume of 214 million shares, 2.16% total market share, and 3.84% on exchange market share for the month of April.
In the last week of April, MEMX’s market share growth pushed the exchange into 6th position.
Volume & Diversity of Liquidity
MEMX is trading over 6,800 symbols each day with broad retail participation across Tape A, B and C. The exchange has 55 members with a broad mix of participants trading daily including banks, institutions, retail brokers, and market makers.