Exchange Highlights: Market share gains and NBBO insights
Quoting reaches new highs, driving market share growth
Highlights & Recent Developments
- MEMX closes as one the top 5 U.S. equity exchanges for the first time.
- A record $20.5 billion and 554 million shares were traded on 9/28.
- MEMX reached a record market share of 4.5% on 9/28, including active trading in ETPs and S&P 500 stocks.
- MEMX ranks as the 4th exchange in NBBO quoting in all securities and the 3rd exchange in NBBO quoting in S&P 500 stocks.
- MEMX celebrates its first year with a video showcasing how far we have come. Watch it here.
In September, market share averaged 3.9% in all securities and 4.7% in ETPs. MEMX ranked as the 6th largest exchange overall and 5th largest exchange in ETPs. MEMX regularly trades in over 7,000 securities including active trading in S&P 500 stocks, where market share was 3.6% in September.
Volume & Diversity of Liquidity
MEMX now has 64 member firms representing a diverse group of participants.
Our Displayed Liquidity Incentive (DLI) program has brought meaningful quoting and trading in a broad set of securities, significantly improving NBBO quoting in September.
MEMX ranks as the 4th exchange in NBBO quoting in all securities and the 3rd exchange in NBBO quoting in S&P 500 stocks.
MEMX quoted at least 50% of the time on one side of the NBBO in nearly 4,000 securities in September.
MEMX is setting the NBBO around 8% of the time, nearly the same percentage as NYSE.